november 2016 finds comes late but it was a decision this time. the 1st of december is the romanian national so most of the country took a long weekend. so it made more sense to post later, right?
1. i was in iasi for what proved to be a working weekend. but it turned out well: i spent the sunny day exploring and the 2 rainy days working. it was a good city break!
there will be no separate post because i managed to forget my camera at home. here’s a few instagram posts though.
2. i fell back into another little portuguese music phase. here’s a few of the highlights. if i’m missing out great artists and songs, please let me know. i’m interested in brazilian-protuguese music, too!
3. how good is the new bbc planet earth 2? if you haven’t seen it, you must. it’s unbelievable!
4. i must’ve listened to in this shirt by the irrepressibles a thousand times this month. i checked the live versions, the album versions, etc. my final favourite is the longer royksopp version. check it!
5. i was in constanta for a couple of days. this time, i intentionally didn’t take my camera along since it was a work trip. and there’s confidentiality involved when you’re working on the second season of a successful local tv series, if you know what i mean. here’s a few instagram pics i took when i was off the clock.
6. and then i went to ghent for 4 days. it was perfect!
there will be a few separate posts about this trip.
7. i bought the girls by emily cline in a fnac in ghent. i had read about the whole buzz created around the book, about the infamous 2 million advance the first-time writer received for her work, etc. i must’ve read the book in 2 days. minuses: she’s often pretentious and trying too hard to make things sound special which distracts the reader from the actual story. pluses: once the story manages to pick up speed, it feels better. and it goes out with a bang, which was great.
it’s decent overall, especially since it’s based on the charles manson story and it’s difficult to keep the interest of people when everybody knows what’s what.
8. a video i came across on a favourite artist’s page. a taiwanese girl discovers rural japan. very cute.
9. a few months ago i was in italy. and, since i often travel to see cool architecture, i came across this article listing all the cool new buildings worth visiting in rome. very helpful if you are into this kind of thing.
10. i wrote about vincent urban and his work a few months ago, when i discovered him. here’s his most recent video, a commission by visit japan. wonderful!
i have no idea how i managed to have a list of 10 this month. just like i have no idea where november went lol. but i had a great month in spite of the loads of work and my changing situation. i hope you did too!
photo and video credits: copyright owners