i managed to lay my hands on the current issue of styleby, the magazine where blogger/style icon phenomenon elin kling acts as fashion chief (modechef) and creative director. the editorial team consists of 4 main people plus several contributors. it sounds like a healthy size for a print magazine nowadays.
disclaimer: given my zero knowledge of swedish, i rely on the international language of images and brands to form an opinion so take this with a big grain of salt.
in case you decide to get the magazine, from the newsagent or by subscription (they have a cool deal for the incoming 3 issues: 99krn/10 euro plus a decleor set worth 2,5 times as much as a gift), keep this in mind:
* expect her cool scandinavian minimalistic style blown to magazine proportions
* expect to read the full stories behind the snipets she’s feeding us via her blog
* expect cool model-sized girls with fabulous wardrobes and shoe shelves combining h&m and zara with crazy expensive, waiting list isabel marant, jil sander and balenciaga boots.
* expect the usual suspects: lots of margiela, whyred, acne, the odd louboutin, as well as various underground nordic brands.
* expect the promotion of scandinavic in general and swedish in particular brands. even swedish hottie alexander skarsgard is featured in one of the pictures from coachella…
* expect to find inspiration
these being said, i’ll also tell you that following elin’s blog is addictive but i’ll add the styleby and columbine (styleby fashion editor) blogs to my list, just in case i happen to need my fix of insanely cool and laid back scandinavian girls with amazing personal style.