vogue uk november 2014 is the third vogue i read this month. but it is only the second reviewed since the portuguese edition was more interesting for my language up-keep than as a source of news.
i will get straight to the highlights:
* louis vuitton summons 6 collaborators: 1 artist, 1 designer, 1 architect and 3 fashion designers. cindy sherman, marc newson, frank gehry, christian louboutin, karl lagerfeld and rei kawakubo were invited to use lv’s monogram and come up with their own designs. a separate photographer was assigned for each collaborator. read here all about this collection.
* i like it that loewe used decade-old steve meisel pictures in their current campaign. they are inspired by alex katz and were originally published in vogue italia. read the whole story here.
* hunter launches a range of new rainwear collection. i like the red high-heeled boots! read more about them here.
* the fall seems to be the new must-watch tv series. it features gillian anderson of x files-fame as well as former model, current heartthrob jamie dornan. i’ll try to catch up since it’s apparently about a sex-murderer so hot women wouldn’t mind a house visit… oh, and he plays christian grey in sam taylor wood’s version of fifty shades of grey. out on valentine’s day, at least in the uk.
* an interesting point of view: vogue is going to some length to address some of our more problematic features. they cover buxom, big shoe size, tall and curvy.
* l’oreal launches pure reds. you can test the colours without even leaving your chair. click here!
* coach chooses zoe kravitz as the cute face of their new campaign.
* the much-hyped wang for h&m collection campaign features two brazilian girls: raquel zimmerman and isabeli fontana.
* taylor swift is the cover girl. i read the article but i’m still not convinced sufficiently to find her songs and listen to them. one day…
* the most interesting article is the profile of a vlogger. zoella seems to be an internet phenomenon. i’m checking her out as we speak!
find your copy at newsstands around the world!
photo credits: copyright holders