april 2021 finds is here! the best part of april was that i managed to get the moderna vaccine! and that i traveled a lot. check my insta for more pics.
as it happened, i read over 1,500 pages during this month. as you know, that’s more like my yearly quota. but april was a weird time.
1. i read white teeth by zadie smith. a very good debut – probably the best i’ve ever read.
2. sa ne fie la toti la fel de rau de adrian schiop. schiop relies heavily on his personal life for storylines and characters. but he does have a strong personal voice. no bullshit wordy stuff. stone cold marginal realism.
3. i re-read hunter s. thompson’s kaleidoscopic fear and loathing in las vegas. so good.
4. solenoid by mircea cartarescu is a mamouth journal. the hardcover has nearly 900 pages. with little to no narrative. 300+ pages in, i decided life is too short to read every single memory. no matter how boring or beautified it was. sorry, not sorry.
5. gradina de sticla by tatiana tibuleac was interesting.
6. i read the digital copy of british vogue.
7. and i read monocle before i left home.
8. i like this channel with content exclusively about japan.
9. chris broad talks about traditional houses in kyoto.
10. 2 interesting short videos about the scary things stress does to us.
11. i miss tokyo all the time.
12. i was today years old when i learned about kumihimo.
13. in romania, we have a saying. if you don’t have old people, you should get some.
14. kelsey does very insightful videos about korean culture.
15. naomi watanabe has recently moved to new york. this is the beginning of her new life.
16. i’ve always liked liu wen.
17. last but not least is gerovital. it’s a romanian cosmetics brand i’ve been sleeping on for far too long. farmec and gerovital have fire products at tiny prices.
how has your month been?
photo and video credits: little aesthete, copyright holders