for those of you who want beauty and health, this is one of the best pieces of advice ever: sleep well!
because of my day job, i found out a lot about sleep. and let me tell you, sleep-deprivation is not fun. in case you’re one of those people who has a hard time waking up every day when the alarm goes off, you’re most probably lacking your much needed rest.
i can give you a few tips that will help you improve your sleep:
– try going to sleep and waking up at the same time
– in the second part of the day, no coffee, tobacco, alcohol, etc.
– try fitting your bed with a rather hard mattress. also, choose a small pillow.
– an open bedroom window is best. if that’s too much, at least keep it open for a while before going to sleep.
– ban any distractions from the sleeping room: laptop, tv, etc.
– dinner and evening workouts must be light
– find the position that’s most relaxing. apparently, sex also helps you sleep better.
– if you happen to have a white night or lose a significant amount of sleep, don’t try sleeping off in one take and waking up at noon the next day. the best way is to start going to sleep earlier (they say that one hour before midnight counts as two hours of sleep) and waking up at your regular time. repeat process until you feel fully rested.
– jet lag is a similar case and my personal opinion is that one should try to adjust to the local time asap. avoid stimulants, eat lightly, stay hydrated and have some light exercise.
lack of sleep affects your mood, your capacities and your activities. try catching up on your z’s as soon as possible. sleep is a restorative process for the entire body and any prolonged deprivation will have negative effects.