id spring summer 2014: i just had to have that spellbinding cover story!
* daria is looking better than ever. the flawless series was shot by photographer karim sadhi. he apparently has a degree in literature from sorbonne. there was no make up, just that serene freakish beauty. it is not the first time they collaborate and hopefully not the last either.
* binx walton was hailed as the new model to watch. of course!
* dries van noten has an ongoing show at les arts decoratifs, in paris.
* an haider ackerman interview.
* moschino welcomes jeremy scott fortright wit.
* an article is wondering: is a degree all it’s cracked up to be?
* you know vivienne westwood is a militant. read her words and enjoy the cool lady in her ad campaign. in the editorial, her stuff is worn by 19-year old lily, the daughter of supermodel kristen mcmenamy.
* an issue that has been making waves lately: the schism between the moment of the fashion show and the date when the collection actually hits the shop. during that period, the pieces are burnt from media overexposure so they are obsolete before clients have the chance to buy them.
* oversharing is the sin of our times. daily, 55 millions pictures are shared on instagram and 350 million on facebook. i’m not analogue, but i try to keep a healthy balance between offline and online. how are you managing?
overall, i-d was interesting. my opinion is that they should spend more time editing. i got a little annoyed with the occasional pretentious discourse and the spelling mistakes. yeah, no kidding.
this being said, the entire cover story is already torn and pinned on my wall. you’ll see my mood board update really soon!
find i-d on sale all over the world.
photo credits: copyright owners