june 2023 finds is here. here you have the parisian skyline as seen from the pompidou center.
1. i re-read soy de pueblo, idiotizadas and els capullus no regalen flors by moderna de pueblo. they are comics for the modern girl.
2. i re-read o homen que passeia by jiro taniguchi. first time was in french, second time in portuguese.
3. i read an interesting, cool brazilian manga called cachalote. the authors are paulistas: text by daniel galera and drawings by rafael coutinho.
4. if you liked her books, read this interesting interview with sayaka murata.
5. i read the queer-themed june issue of british vogue. i don’t get tired of recommending this magazine.
6. this is depeche mode live in berlin 2013 by anton corbijn. the band is currently touring and they added a list of new shows for the spring of 2024.
7. this is depeche mode live in during the devotional tour.
8. bbc posted two songs by depeche mode featuring the bbc concert orchestra.
9. the cure is one of my forever bands.
10. this is fader, the latest single by roisin murphy.
11. new jeans has a new hit for the summer and the video was shot in lisbon.
12. rick rubin has a new podcast called tetragrammaton. the only episode i could go through was the one with trent reznor and it was well worth it.
13. i went to paris for a couple of exhibitions. post-mortem, norman foster has a very important retrospective at the pompidou center.
14. i went to see a dormitory called maison du bresil by le corbusier and lucio costa.
15. the 8th edition of open house in porto was another success.
16. i went to paris to see ron mueck at fondation cartier and it was everything i hoped for.
17. i saw basquiat and warhol at fondation louis vuitton. i guess it’s not my cup of tea.
18. i also went to see xavier velhan at perrotin turrenne.
19. i went straight from the airport to see takashi murakami’s show at gagosian le bourget.
20. last but not least, fundacao serralves in porto has a new show with alexander calder and juan miro. it’s worth visiting.
21. i watched the and just like that 2 episodes. beside featuring active older women, the cynthia nixon-directed show doesn’t do better than meh.
22. i also watched the first season of glamorous with kim cattrall. it’s not amazing, but it’s very queer and diverse and miss benny, the trans girl who plays the main character, is one to watch for.
23. this is a wonderful homage to a furry friend called bebe.
how was your june?
go to my insta if you want to see photos from all the places i’ve been recently.
photo and video credits: copyright holders and little aesthete