october 2021 finds is late. first i had a lot of work and then went to london.
1. i finished americanah by chimamanda ngozi adichie. it was an interesting and well-written saga about the nigerian diaspora.
2. i have been re-reading crash by j.c. ballard. i’m just as mind-blown as i was the first time. he is a genius!
3. i read british vogue and it was as good as ever.
4. for some reason, i got the anniversary wallpaper issue. i was very disappointed.
5. i came across body by mino, from 2016. he’s an yg artist who’s also part of the band winner.
6. los angeles is a 2001 track by benjamin biolay.
7. i saw balthzar live on halloween and it was galvanizing!
8. j. bernardt is the pseudonym of jinte deprez from balthazar. i like his wicked streets.
9. last, but not least, a few new tracks by personal favourite ruben block.
10. little women was weak. was the book weak, too? i don’t know since i haven’t read it.
11. hometown cha-cha-cha is a wholesome series. it’s currently running so i’ll see the rest of the episodes later.
12. i loved watching the 2 seasons of australian series love on the spectrum. i recommend it.
13. i saw the 5 seasons of the very good insecure. i’m now waiting for the final episodes.
14. i bought the book in london and i can’t wait to read it. tenement kid is the autobiography of primal scream’s bobby gillespie. the guardian has him talk to irvine welsh.
15. i bought ai wei wei’s autobiography, too. the guardian talks to him about 1,000 years of joys and sorrows.
16. this house is a dream for me.
how was your october?
photo and video credits: little aesthete, copyright holders