the aptly named meta-magazine, visionaire is a limited edition experimental art and fashion publication that has had 3 annual issues ever since 1991.
each issue is vastly different:
– issue no. 44 consists of two sets of toys made to resemble fashion designers
– no. 18 comes with its own especially designed louis vuitton case and is said to be the most sought after issue
– no. 42 is a series of vials containing especially commissioned scents
– no. 53 is 12 vinyls that come with their own mini clubman players and include over 100 original sound pieces
– no. 59, the latest release, is a collection of children’s books presented by inez van lamsweerde & vinoodh matadi
– no. 55 is a caseful of pop-up books!
you can browse the full list on their website.
here‘s cecilia dean, one of the co-founders and editors, talking about visionaire at art basel miami. check out the toy drawing set!
i recommend one of my favourite features of v.com: they have a blog-style feed that includes the look of the week, chosen from cecilia’s balenciaga and margiela heavy wardrobe. sigh!