i think that vienna is underrated: people just see the traditional, proper side of it. it’s actually a very cool, happening place if you take time to discover it.
the following events are all taking place currently in vienna.
– frida kahlo at the bank austria kunstforum
– rodin at the belvedere
– next week is vienna art week
– if u plan to do this, you will need the vienna card. unlimited public transport use as well as a lot of discounts
also, my personal top 5:
3. ramien on gumpendorferstrasse, for amazing asian dishes and relaxed atmosphere
4. on saturdays, early morning – the flea market, then breakfast in naschmarkt, then go to mak (free entrance on saturdays). they have a great bistro where you can have lunch. then walk around the city, perhaps go see hundertwasser’s buildings.
5. everyday must end in flex
and now I’m thinking: why am i not going myself?…
source: wien.info, the amazingly well-kept municipal tourist website