vogue espana february 2014 – i bought it to read during my flight back home. during my valencian trip, i got to use my dormant castellano and i really enjoyed using it again.
i will give you the more iberian highlights of the current issue of vogue espana.
* i will start with the spring/summer 2014 prada campaign. it’s super colourful and sparkly. it features lots of new faces and what i predict to be a very successful line of shoes.
* the miu miu campaign is following their old tradition of featuring up and coming actresses. lupita nyong, elle fanning, elizabeth olsen and bella heathcote are all wearing prada’s younger line.
* spanish brand loewe launches a series of perfumes called un passeo por madrid – a walk through madrid. the 8 scents will only be available in certain locations of el corte ingles.
* 3 local love stories featuring interviews and photo shoots with the protagonists: alba carillo and feliciano lopez (a model and a tennis player), bimba bose and charlie centa (a model/singer/dj and a student) and malena costa and mario suarez (a model and a football player). i have loved bimba ever since her supermodel days!
* 10 years since the demise of helmut newton
* who’s next, a fashion contest celebrates its winners: juan vidal and marcela mancergas
* marissa mayer, the yahoo girl, proves that being a geek doesn’t necessarily exclude a great sense of style
* juego limpio – clean game is the name of the most interesting editorial. there are lots of flats, neat lines and a modern kind of aesthetics.
* niki de saint phalle is a favourite of mine: i have seen her work from vienna to the remote islands of japan. a very interesting artist.
* daniel rabaneda, one of the who’s next finalists, shows us his secret seville
* nuevos sabores is a page dedicated to showcasing the newest gastronomic addresses in spain.
at the end, the magazine warns us that the the madrid fashion week (14-18.02) is coming soon!
for more details and information, find the vogue espana february 2014 at the newsstands.
photo credits: copyright owners