vogue uk march 2014 comes earlier than usual. allow me to sort through all the ads and the pr non sense and present you with my highlights!
* kate moss is a guest contributing fashion editor and has daria chanelling niagara, the frontwoman of the band destroy all mosters. i’m delighted by this obscure reference!
* dior has a very interesting cascade necklace in its current collection. i don’t mean you should buy it (the price tag is of approximately 3k euro!) but we could try diy!
* givenchy’s recent love affair with the hip hop world ends up with erykah badu featuring in the current ad campaign. you like?
* stella mccartney keep her aesthetics clean and feminine.
* miley cleans up to star in marc jacobs ads. marc pulled all the stops and hired the name with the biggest buzz for the re-launch of his homonymous brand. i don’t like it and neither did juergen teller, who was replaced by david sims behind the lens.
* i love it how a nigerian-british beauty is featured in the tom ford beauty ad. remember her name: betty adewole.
* i spied the presence of the same asian model tian yi in three separate fashion stories. she certainly doesn’t look the same but i could tell nonetheless. i’d say we should watch out for this girl!
* i love the cool westwood campaign that features former model-turned-singer leslie wiener with a sex earring (apparently, a vintage piece from her 1974 show). given the designer’s usual antics, this is actually tame. punk’s not dead!
(unfortunately, i can’t seem to find any pictures of the campaign. here’s a picture of the two ladies)
* lily cole in g star raw’s campaign. hmm, odd pairing, right?
* my favourite piece? probably the eyelet top by christopher kane worn by model sam rollins.
* a day in the life of miroslava duma.
* you’ve never liked the gap? me neither. but now that former cos cretive director rebekka bay is designing for them, i’d check it out!
* vogue hails the massive comeback of the sneakers. i told you so!
* last but not least, a sarah moon piece announcing the upcoming london show.
get the magazine and see what it’s all about by yourselves. enjoy!
photo credits: copyright owners